Pages

07 May 2010

day 27 Biking

Hi I hope you are still out there?

This place is just fantastic. It is better than I expected. I would recommend this to any group who wanted to come and stay.

Today said bye to the bikers with the promise we would meet them in Montepuliciano. I had all their bags with their spare clothes in it.

Montepuliciano is another beautiful old town in a hill. As you can see from this photo. Everywhere you look there are these villages or towns on hills.

The towns as you guess, because they are on hills, have steep roads. The locals are they only ones allowed to drive through the narrow streets of the towns. This was cool because as it was raining and cool I could take photos in the van. I am glad I wasn’t driving!

We drove through the streets looking for a park these are some great shots we got of the town.









This is a photo from the town looking out.
Look at the rain cloud moving across!

After a little look around we sat and had a coffee and waited for the bikers to arrive

They were so grateful for dry clothes! They couldn’t get warm. SoDarren decided they could come back with us and then he stayed to take the bikes back.

Sun came out as we drove back. But no-one said they wanted to get back on their bikes today!!!

We had a light vegetable lunch which was wonderful. Barrie is at present nearly asleep on the bed! Tonight there is a pizza cooking lesson at 6 then tea at 8. One more day here.

I will catch you later

Hope you are all well at home.

Thinking of you all XX love  Shona and Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment